Sunday, March 31, 2013

A New Beginning...?

Hello everyone! As you can see, this is my very first post. I'll probably look back at this months and years from now and wonder how much I have achieved (or not) from creating this blog. My love for nail polish started with the Sally Hansen Salon Effects, and they were a pain to put on! But the results, very pretty and the hard work paid off. At the time my nails were very short and oddly shaped, I'd probably cringe if I saw them now! I remember telling myself that I would grow my nails out long and square, and I guess that is where they are now. After learning about nail polish strips I learned about crackle nail polish, where I purchased the whole China Glaze Crackle collection on Amazon. I then became lost in the nail polish world of the different brands, trends, and reading lots and lots of blog posts!

Now a year and a half later, I am sitting here at my computer desk starting a new beginning. I used to take pictures of my nails with my Samsung Galazy SII camera  but that is defiantly not good enough for this. I recently started using a point & shoot camera which gives me much color accurate photos, and my phone camera is just crap compared to this!

So for my first manicure on my point & shoot camera (from around mid-March) was a design that I created with the plastic wrap technique. For my base I used three coats of OPI GoldenEye from the Skyfall collection. After that completely dried, I painted on a coat of China Glaze Agro from the Hunger Games collection. After about 10 seconds I scrunched up some plastic wrap and dabbed in on the nail to create the design. 




I took many more pictures of this design but as I look at them on the computer they look a lot more blurrier that on the camera. One thing I've learned so far: when taking pictures, take them father away and zoom them in. That way they won't look so blurry! :P 

So I guess that's it for this post, and I enjoyed making it. I hope that it doesn't become a chore in the future, I wanted to create a blog for a few months now and I finally got around to doing it! I have a lot of old manicures to post, so stay tuned! 

/Ash

2 comments: