Saturday, April 27, 2013

Old Manicures III: A Little Nail Art

Hello again! Here are some older manicures with a little bit of nail art! This way I can explain some of the steps better. :) 

This is one of my favorites, and my inspiration was the Bath & Body Works scent Bali Mango. For my base I used two coats of Sinful Colors Gogo Girl (bright red cream) and a coat of China Glaze Pink Plumeria (pink coral shimmer, Summer Neons collection). I used Essie as Gold as it Gets and Shine of the Time, either both of them or one, I don't really remember. Then I just used a thin nail art brush in black, purple, and yellow. I think I did my non-dominant hand much better, my opposite hand has much thicker lines. 




For my candy cane nails I used two coats from Color Club Berry and Bright (red foily shimmer, Winter Affairs collection). To create the stripes I used my Kiss Nail Art Paint in silver and white, I varied the sizes of my stripes. 


Christmas tree nails! For my base color I used three coats of OPI GoldenEye (perfect molten gold, Skyfall collection), you can choose to do this on all of your fingers or just as an accent. I used a small nail art brush to create the tree shape, first the outline then fill it in. For the ornaments I used a small dotting tool in random polish colors, and for the star on the top of the tree I used Konad plate m3. 


This design may look hard, but fairly simple! For my base color I used China Glaze Splish Splash (bright medium blue shimmer, Summer Neons collection) and sponged random spots with China Glaze Ride the Waves (Summer Neons collection) and Orly Royal Navy. On my index, middle, and pinky nails I did the plastic wrap technique with white polish, shown here. On my ring and thumb nails I created a snowflake and placed a glitter in the center. Around the snowflakes I did some more of the plastic wrap technique. 


This one reminds me of a milkshake although I don't really like milkshakes. :P I sponged using China Glaze Swanky Silk (pink to gold duochrome, Bohemian collection), China Glaze Mahogany Magic (medium brown creme, Hunger Games collection), and I believe the last color is Revlon Iced Cocoa but I can't confirm that. 



I think I like these colors a little too much, because for my base color I used two coats of China Glaze Swanky Silk and covered half the nail with China Glaze Mahogany Magic layered underneath Orly So Go-Diva (brown glitter, Flash Glam Fall FX collection). On the other half of the nail I stamped using Konad plate m57. 


Last but not least, elegant and  very fake looking. For some reason manicures like these I get the most compliments on! I used two coats of a french base, probably by Sally Hansen. Once that completely dried I used french tip guides (straight across, but tape would work just as well) about halfway up the nail. I covered the top half in China Glaze Ride the Waves (Summer Neons collections) and stamped with Konad plate m57. 



Finally done with the old, and time to get on with the new! I love having a blog about my nails not only to share with my viewers but so I can look back at them and remember them for myself! I'm tired and I literally forced myself to finish this post, but it's always worth it in the end. :) 

Click here for the first part of my old manicures and here for my second!

/Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment